Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to safely and naturally treats digestive disorders.
Hundreds of millions of people in this country suffer on a regular basis from GI discomfort that interferes with the quality of everyday life and Chinese medicine can help!
Chinese medicine is about creating balance in the body and the main organ system dealing with digestion is the spleen. The spleen in Chinese medicine refers to the function of digestion not the anatomical organ we think of in western medicine. There fore we focus on making sure the spleen is doing its job properly. As acupuncturists we also make sure you are eating the right foods for you constitution and not eating the wrong foods. We often suggest life style recommendations that will help bring your digestive health back in balance and help you start feeling better!
Acupuncture can help treat:
- Heartburn and GERD
- Gas and bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea
- Chronic gastritis, chronic enteritis, and gastroenteritis
- Peptic ulcers such as duodenal ulcer and gastric ulcer
- Inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)